Popular Posts

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love story xoxo

In honor of Valentines day I wanted to share a little love story about President Monson and his Wife. What great examples they are of true love.
I love Valentines day! Especially since I've been married to Dallin, he's my eternal valentine and I
love him more than anything. February is the month of love and chocolate...share them both!

The Monsons, 2007
My sweet Frances had a terrible fall a few years ago. She went to the hospital. She lay in a coma for about 18 days. I sat by her side. She never moved a muscle. The children cried, the grandchildren cried, and I wept. Not a movement.

And then one day, she opened her eyes. I set a speed record in getting to her side. I gave her a kiss and a hug, and I said, “You’re back. I love you.” And she said, “I love you, too, Tom, but we’re in serious trouble.” I thought, What do you know about trouble, Frances? She said, “I forgot to mail in our fourth-quarter income tax payment.”

I said to her, “Frances, if you had said that before you extended a kiss to me and told me you love me, I might have left you here!”

Brethren, let’s treat our wives with dignity and with respect. They’re our eternal companions. Sisters, honor your husbands. They need to hear a good word. They need a friendly smile. They need a warm expression of true love…My dear brothers and sisters, I love you, and I pray for you.”



No comments:

Post a Comment