Popular Posts

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Full Monte! 26.2 miles


Well I did it! After weeks of training and 400 miles later I made it to my race. I ran the full Huntsville, Utah marathon on September 28th. It started at Monte Cristo, way up into the mountains and at a chilled 30 degrees. At 6:30am buses shuttled us up to the starting line and there we waited until 9:00 to begin our long journey to the bottom. My first 9 miles ZOOMED by! The scenery was amazing. I wish I would have been able to capture all of the beauty around me but I was way too focused on my breathing and time. Once the excitement wore off a bit I started feeling a little tired. At mile 13 I gagged down some strawberry banana GU! YUCK! It was nasty but I got going and feeling good right after. Sugar and caffeine will do that to a person. I stopped at every water station to hydrate and even laughed a little along the way. Great runners, great course and an awesome experience until...mile 23. It went on...and on...and on...and on. At one point I just closed my eyes, said a prayer and fought through. My legs were cramping up and I was exhausted. After mile 25 the finish line was in sight! Had I not been so dehydrated I think tears would have fallen to the road. What an exciting emotional experience it was to cross the finish line! Dallin and my Mom were there cheering me on and it felt great. Baylee even got to see me cross the finish line via Skype. Running a marathon has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I will never forget it and I will never forget the people who helped me get there. I love my husband and sweet family for all their love and support. On to the next challenge! XOXO








No comments:

Post a Comment